This is such a winner with simple ingredients and 10 minute prep! Set it and forget it in your slow cooker and you have a delicious hearty taco soup that is perfect for any occasion. Popular at potlucks and family gatherings, you may find you will need to double the recipe! 🙂
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 lb. Ground Beef -or- Ground Turkey
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1 Can Crushed Tomatoes (28 oz.)
- 1 Can Tomato Sauce (8 oz.)
- 1 Can Chili (15 oz.)
- 1 Can Whole Kernel Corn with Liquid
- 1 Packet Dry Taco Seasoning Mix (I used mild in this as my youngest is not a fan of spicy food yet)
- Toppings (optional): Fritos Corn Chips, Grated Cheese, Sour Cream, Black Olives and Advocado
HOW TO MAKE IT:
1) Brown meat and onion, drain excess grease.
2) Combine all ingredients together (including cooked meat/onion) in slow cooker, stir well.
3) Set slow cooker on LOW. Let cook until simmering about 3-4hours. You can even cook overnight on LOW and it is delicious as leftovers. The longer it simmers the better it tastes! **To cook on stovetop, just simmer for 30 mins~Voila!**
4) Add favorite toppings and serve! Mmm mmm!