I know this recipe is a “breakfast” casserole, but I actually made this for dinner as my family is a bunch of breakfast lovers. Just about once a week we have what we call “Brinner”! I kid you not, there were only two small servings leftover that were promptly gobbled up the next morning. Super easy and super yummy! I will definitely make this often and will serve it up the next time we have overnight company in town. It was a wonderful Pinterest find by Scattered Thoughts of a Crafty Mom.
I didn’t tweek the recipe at all and it was perfect-o, even for the pickiest eaters! Enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 12 ounces of buttermilk biscuit dough (we used Grands, which are slightly bigger)
- 6 eggs
- 1 (2 3/4 ounce) package peppered gravy mix (makes 2 cups)
- 1 lb sausage, any flavor
- 1 cup cheese, shredded
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper to taste
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Preheat oven to 350. Grease a 13×9 pan
- Brown the sausage in skillet and drain thoroughly.
- Cut biscuit dough into 1″ pieces, and line the bottom of the pan.
- Layer cooked sausage over the biscuit pieces,
- Layer shredded cheese over sausage.
- Whisk eggs and milk, add salt and pepper and pour over biscuit/layers.
- Make gravy according to instructions, and pour over everything.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes, or until eggs and biscuits are cooked through.
- Serve warm (leftovers are excellent too!)