Oh how I love a delicious and easy slow cooker meal! This is one of my favorite Pinterest recipe finds by Recipe Chatter. With minimal prep…and I’m talking like 10 minutes max, set my slow cooker and voila!…dinner is served!
I substituted the Ritz Crackers used in the original recipe with Bread Crumbs because it is what I had on hand. I’ve even diced up carrots and mushrooms for more of a “hidden veggie” type of meatloaf. Gotta get those veggies in where you can! This is a super yummy go-to recipe for my family. Everyone loves it, even my pickiest eater!
Enjoy! ~ Lisa
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped green peppers
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup Ritz cracker crumbs
- 1 1/2 cup ketchup, divided
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- In a medium bowl, mix together ground beef, green pepper, onion, eggs, salt, cracker crumbs, and 3/4 cups of the ketchup. Use a spoon or your hands to incorporate the mixture.
- Line your slow cooker with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick spray. Shape the meat mixture into a loaf and place in slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for 4-6 hours (or 170 internal temp-well done). In the last 15 minutes, mix together remaining ketchup, mustard and brown sugar and spread on top meatloaf. Let cook for remaining 15 minutes.
- Let cool, slice and serve.
Image & Recipe Credit: Recipe Chatter