chicken and dumplings
This Slow Cooker Chicken & Dumplings recipe is an EASY and delicious version of those dumplings mom used to make. Enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (or 1-1 .5 lbs thighs)
- 2 T. butter
- 2 small cans of condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 carrots, peeled & chopped
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk celery, washed well and chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) packages refrigerated biscuit dough, torn into pieces
HOW TO MAKE IT:
- Place the chicken, butter, soup, carrots, celery and onion in a slow cooker.
- Fill the crock with enough water to cover.
- Cover. Cook for 5 to 6 hours on High, or 9 to 10 hours on Low.
- About 30 minutes before serving, place the torn biscuit dough in the slow cooker. Cook until the dough is no longer raw in the center.
I’ve made this several times and my family LOVES it….yes even the picky eaters! The only changes I have modified here and there have been chicken thighs instead of breasts and 32oz box of chicken broth in place of water. Every variation has been super yummy. If there are any leftovers, they aren’t around long after. Yumm-o!
Photo & recipe Source: Get Crocked (When I make mine it is more yellow in color I assume because of the chicken broth I use in place of the water)