napa cabbage salad
This is a crowd favorite! I have requests to make this often. Great for picnics, bbq’s, parties, potlucks, showers, etc. The great thing about this salad is that it is made with Napa Cabbage and stays crunchy for hours without wilting and doesn’t spoil if sitting out for a few hours. It’s definitely one of my go-to recipes for many occasions. Rarely is there ever a spoonful leftover, even when I have doubled the recipe! Enjoy!
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 Large Napa Cabbage (Vary in color from yellow to green, either is fine), chopped
- 2 Bunches green onions, chopped
- 1 Red Bell Pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup Butter
- 1 cup Slivered Almonds
- 2 pkgs. chicken-flavoured oriental soup noodles with seasoning mix (aka Top Ramen). Gently pound the packages to break up the noodles before opening.
- 1 cup Canola oil (or Vegetable oil)
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced (or 2 tsp from jar)
- 3 tsp. Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup Sugar
HOW TO MAKE IT:
Place chopped cabbage, green onions and red bell pepper in large salad bowl.
Melt butter in frying pan and sauté almonds, broken noodles and noodle seasoning until golden brown.
Shake dressing ingredients in a covered jar or air tight container. Pour 1/2-2/3 of dressing over salad, to taste, and toss at least 1/2 hour before serving. You will have extra dressing, refrigerate and use again.