My little ones have always loved Easter Egg Hunting so I was inspired to do something fun for St. Patrick’s Day. I almost can’t believe it is right around the corner! This year is off to such a speedy start I feel like if I blink it will be summer! So, in my frequent browsing around on Pinterest, I found many great ideas and pulled what I liked most from many and put them together into this Scavenger Hunt for Luck, Sweet Treasures & A Special Wish for my Little Leprechauns. I can’t wait to unveil it as a surprise activity for them next week! Wishing you all a very Happy St. Patrick’s Day full of green galore and very few pinches! 😉 ~Lisa
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 4 medium stones (LUCK)
- 1 large stone (WISH)
- Gold Outdoor/Patio Acrylic Paint (Weather resistant for outdoor play)
- Gold Glitter (Optional)
- Small alphabet stickers
- Small-medium paint/craft brush
- Spray Adhesive
- Newspaper, paper towels or paper plates (to protect surface of work area)
- Gold wrapped candy such as Chocolate Coins or Miniature Peanut Butter Cups
**Note: I found all of these supplies at my local dollar and craft store with the exception of the stones which were in my backyard. 🙂
HOW TO DO IT:
- On a paper towel, paper plate or sheet of newspaper…paint one side of the stones with gold paint. Let them dry for 30-60 minutes before flipping them over and painting the other side. This will keep them from sticking to surface when flipped over. Once stones are completely painted, let them dry thoroughly for at least a 2-3 hours minimum.
- Adhere letters to stones. LUCK to the 4 medium stones and WISH to the single large stone.
- Lightly spray all stones with Adhesive Spray to help seal the letters to the stones.
- Optional Glitter: While the large stone is still sticky with Spray Adhesive, sprinkle with gold glitter. I lightly scraped with my fingernail any glitter that stuck to WISH letters so that the word would show through better. Lightly spray one final coat of Spray Adhesive to set the glitter and to help reduce glitter flaking off. This is a messy addition as glitter is known to be, but it looks really great and makes the WISH stone stand out as the “extra special” one to find. Once completely dry, I tapped the glitter stone gently several times to get most of the excess glitter off. There is still a few flakes that will transfer to hands and hiding spots so definitely keep this in mind when deciding on adding glitter.
- Finally, hide the stones with the gold wrapped candies and let the Scavenger Hunt begin!
Images: Sourced and owned by Cuppa Sunshine & Sugar
What & How:
- Shallow box
- Glass beverage bottles-enough to fill your size of box
- Twine/string to tie base of bottles. I tied mine in groups of 6 to help keep them upright during play
- Set of children’s bracelets (party favor section usually has sets)
- Electrical tape (I used black) to cover bracelets if you don’t prefer color or design. I also used the tape to reinforce the bracelets since they were a cheap dollar store set and to make them uniform in color. (Optional)
- Letter decals/stickers for game name on front of box (optional)
Voila! Now get a ringer! Good luck!