This was an idea that I came up with on a whim. With a short notice Winter Break Holiday Party planned, I had to come up with something that would be winter-themed and fun for a broad age range (from toddlers to teens). It had to be quick and easy to put together. TP Snowmen was a hit!
What you need:
- From your closet: Hats, Scarves, Earmuffs
- Silly accessories: Anything from silly hats, headbands (like antlers) and sunglasses to dress-up stuff like tiaras, feather boas, etc. Whatever you can find around the house!
- Toilet Paper (Have enough for 2-3 rolls per guest)
- Foam craft sheets (multi colored from the dollar store is fine)
- Stretchy string
- Hot glue gun + glue sticks for it (Captain Obvious here…you’re welcome!)
How to do it:
- Turn on, pre-heat glue gun. (Captain Obvious again…I do what I can.)
- Make the noses! Roll foam sheets into a “cone” shape. Use glue gun to make a bead of glue to fasten the outter corner/flap of foam sheet to itself so that it keeps a cone shape. Trim wide, open end of noses with scissors so that they are straight to fit against face. I also cut a small triangle shape underneath at the edge (where nostrils will be) to make it more breathable. Punch a hole on each wide-end (face) side of “nose”. I just used a sharp pencil so that the holes wouldn’t be too big. Use the two holes to attach (tie) the stretchy string. See close-up photo above.
- Use baskets/bins to set up an easy-access area to display TP, HATS, SCARVES, NOSES, SILLY ACCESORIES.
- I divide the group into teams of 3. One to be the “Snowman”, the others to be the very savvy Frosty Engineers.
- TAKE PICTURES! Then rotate positions with a new “Snowman” and Frosty Engineers so that everyone has a turn at each “job”. TAKE MORE PICTURES!
FROZEN DIY TREAT BAGS: http://wp.me/p5queU-1f
SLOW COOKER HOT COCOA BAR: http: http://wp.me/p5queU-1q
Our moms at the party really got into this activity too. It was a blast for all…lots of laughs!
We followed the TP Snowmen Activity with a yumm-o COOKIE SWAP. Everyone brought their favorites to share. We set the cookies up buffet-style and everyone got to pick their mix in a festive bag. Wrapped up the party with a showing of the very funny movie Fred Claus. Good times even with little time to plan. Will do again!
P.S. Don’t fret the mess! I put the small army to work and they had that TP cleaned up in two minutes flat!